Sunshine. All you can eat buffets. The open seas. If we’ve caught your attention, you might need a vacation!
While we told you (just last week) to take a roadtrip, you might also want to consider cruising. After all, it’s the best way to see a handful of different places without having to change hotels. And many of you out there are already checking them out. In fact, searches for [australian cruises], [baja mexico cruises], [panama cruises], and [greek cruises] are all making a splash on Yahoo right now.
Here are the cruises you’ve been searching for the most on Yahoo over the past 30 days:
Caribbean Cruises: Kick back and relax, with a pina colada in hand.
Alaskan Cruises: Need a wildlife adventure? Alaska might be the place for you.
Mexican Riviera Cruises: Did someone say margarita?
Mediterranean Cruises: Craving olives, sunshine, and sandy beaches?
Bermuda Cruises: Beautiful sunsets, beautiful beaches.
New Zealand Cruises: Vacation in the land of kangaroos, koalas, and kiwis!
Hawaiian Cruises: Think breath-taking waterfalls and fun luaus!
South American Cruises: Check out the best of both worlds on a cruise to beaches and rainforest.
Tahiti Cruises: Set sail (and go snorkeling!) in the southern Pacific Ocean on this trip.
Baltic Cruises: And last, but certainly not least, a Baltic Cruise will welcome you to the likes of Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Denmark.
Swim season is approaching! Looks like your mind is fully focused on swimwear right now. We’re not judging (disregard the looming still-frigid temperatures across most of the US). Instead, we applaud your forward thinking. Yahoo users are already looking for bikini inspiration (a.k.a spring break uniform). Bravo, ladies! Over the past 30 days, [tankini swimsuits] are spiking 1002% and [one piece swimsuits] are spiking 497%.
Looking for inspiration? So are Yahoo users. Searches for the bikini-wearing masters of the world are making a splash online. Click below to check out the top swimsuit models ranked by most-searched over the past month on Yahoo:
1. Kate Upton An American model and actress, Upton is known for her girl next door look and her recent feature in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
2. Nina Agdal This Danish beauty has modeled for Billabong, Macy’s and Victoria’s Secret, but more notably, she starred in a 2013 Super Bowl commercial for Carl’s Jr.
3. Chrissy Teigen This model has racked up appearances in Vogue, Esquire, and Glamour, but most people know her as John Legend’s wife.
4. Lily Aldridge This angel started out as an Abercrombie and Fitch model at the age of 16.
5. Irina Shayk A Russian model, Shayk is most famous for her Sport Illustrated Swimsuit Issue campaigns.
6. Brooklyn Decker Model and wife of tennis player, Andy Roddick, Brooklyn is also an actress with roles in Battleship, Just Go with It, and What to Expect When You’re Expecting.
7. Marisa Miller Pop culture critics associate many of Miller’s accomplishments with the comeback of great American supermodels.
8. Genevieve Morton A native South African, Morton is famous for her modeling stints and her appearance in Gavin Degraw’s “Sweeter” music video.
9. Bar Rafaeli This Israeli blonde bombshell was voted #1 on Maxim’s Hot 100 list. And despite our love for Leo, we were bummed to hear of the couple’s split after a six year romance.
10. Hannah Davis A newer addition to the Sports Illustrated lineup, this island princess loves the ocean.
Tis the season for road tripping! Spring temperatures call for exploration. And, the more adventurers you can safely fit in the car with you, the better, right? Now that we agree on that, it’s no surprise that [luxury suvs] and [top suvs] are buzzing as both search terms spike off the charts this month on Yahoo. Ladies, it looks like the men might be doing most of the driving considering they are the ones searching a majority of the time for both. The best music DJ sits shotgun anyways, right?
Which specific SUVs are most popular right now? Over the past 30 days, the top SUVs on Yahoo ranked in order are:
Jeep Grand Cherokee
It’s game time, people. Tomorrow marks the start of March Madness 2014, and this year 64 teams will fight for the NCAA title. Since selection Sunday, the top spiking team on Yahoo has been the [louisville cardinals] (up 786%), which might be due to controversy on their low seeding. The [iowa state cyclones] are also up 764%, as well as the [arizona wildcats] who are up 171% following their loss in the pac-12 championship.
It looks like you fans are also stepping up your own game — searches for [march madness 2014] prove to be slightly higher than last year’s searches for [march madness 2013 bracket]. Bonus points for folks in Wichita (KS), Joplin (MO), Columbus (OH), Lincoln (NE) and Omaha (NE) who rank in the top cities searching this year.
Let the games begin! Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for the Quicken Loans BILLION DOLLAR challenge with Yahoo Sports at www.yahoo.com/tourneypickem.
From juice cleanses and yoga workouts to kale recipes and fitness apps, you’re always interested in the latest health craze. This time you’re looking for detox and rejuvenation methods — as [oil pulling] is spiking 1331% this week on Yahoo! For those unfamiliar, oil pulling consists of swishing oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes. You’re curious about [oil pulling benefits], which range from detox to increased metabolism, and also wonder [does oil pulling work] and if [oil pulling with coconut oil] instead of olive or sunflower seed oils is a better option.
Searches on Yahoo for [oil pulling] come from women 69% of the time from top searching cities Kansas City (MO), Minneapolis (MN), Dallas (TX), Boston (MA) and Seattle (WA).
With the month of April coming up, those of you with diamond birthstones might be searching for the perfect new sparkler to add to your birthday wish list!
While they’re all beautiful, what are the top-searched diamonds? Ranked in order, the top searched diamond cuts on Yahoo over the past 30 days include:
1. Princess Cut: A favorite for engagement rings due to it’s unique shape and brilliance.
2. Pear Shaped: With its small point and long end the pear shaped diamond is also known as the teardrop!
3. Oval Diamond: Similar to round cut diamonds the oval shape gives the elegant look of elongated fingers.
4. Radiant Cut: This cut is a popular yet versatile choice for jewelry because of its signature trimmed corners.
5. Emerald Cut: An interesting optical appearance is created by the rectangular shape of this cut!
6. Asscher Cut: With this exceptional and beautifully unique shape dashes of color may be slightly visible in the diamond’s corners.
7. Cushion Cut: The cushion cut has been around for more than a century and it’s “pillow” like rounded corners maximize its brilliance.
8. Round Brilliant Cut: This traditional cut has inspired diamond cutters to use mathematical precision and light theory to magnify its brilliance.
9. Trilliant Cut: Sometimes referred to as a “trillion” this gemstone cut is triangular in shape.
10. Marquee Cut: The shape of this cut can increase carat weight making the diamond look much larger.
Other top diamond searches over the past month include: [diamond candle] up 791%, [diamond earrings], [diamond engagement rings] and [black diamond rings]. With so many options to choose from, which style is your favorite?
By Anand Chandrasekaran, Senior Director, Product Management
We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve partnered with Yelp.
Now when you use Yahoo Search to look up a local business in the U.S. on your smartphone, tablet, or PC, you’ll see user reviews, business information, and star ratings from Yelp. We’ve also added a new photo viewing experience to show high-quality photos from Yelp, other partners, and the businesses themselves.
At Yahoo, we’re always looking to build great partnerships to provide a richer experience for our users. That’s why we’re especially fired up to add trusted user content from Yelp, bringing more business listings, more photos, and more reviews to the recently-refreshed Local Search and Yahoo Maps experiences. With information and photos for retail chains, mom and pop shops, spas, doctors and hospitals, restaurants, and more, Yelp is a welcome addition to our roster of local content partners.
SXSW is in full swing and people are checking out the interactive, film and music scene this week. But just as important is the incredible Austin food scene, particularly [franklins bbq] and [salt lick bbq], the two most searched for BBQ restaurants in Austin, TX.
Beyond Austin, Yahoo users around the country are craving BBQ. Over the past month, you’re searching for [bbq sauce], [bbq smokers], [bbq ribs], [bbq chicken pizza] and [bbq pork chops]. While some of you aren’t yet ready to break out your grills and smokers, you’re looking to visit BBQ hot spots. Some of the top-searched BBQ joints throughout the country include [dinosaur bbq], [lucilles bbq], [dickeys bbq], [sonny’s bbq] and [rudys bbq]. Who’s ready for some BBQ!?